Friday, March 30, 2007

Poetry Thursday -- Image Prompt II (A Little Late)

My older daughter is choosing a college and it is heavy on my mind. So I had to write about it . . .

The Choice

A thousand opportunities
A hundred paths to take,
Now three doors are open,
And there’s a choice to make.

Once a babe in arms – eyes bright,
A child that danced and played,
A teen that wouldn’t listen,
Now a woman to be made.

One door will take her far away
Another keeps her in sight.
The third is not the place for her
The fit is not quite right.

Each one is right,
Each one is wrong,
No matter what,
She’ll soon be gone.

2 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

It's a difficult choice to make isn't it? Hope it all goes well! Your poem goes well with the questioning look in the young woman's eyes.

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

I wonder which choice the woman will make. I thought this went well with the painting as well. Decisions are universal.